What's the story on a fiat allis fd 175 dozer? There are a couple different ones coming up on auction. Mid 90s vintage. Are these worth a hoot? Where would a guy get parts? Thanks
That is the sad part the parts are becoming hard to get they were not a bad dozer but the New Holland Fiat crew has just said screw you we do not want anything to do with the construction end in this country.
My uncle ran a Fiat Allis for years when I was a kid, I rode on it with him any time I could. They catch my eye when I see one. I looked at this one in person. Didn't go over it like I would have if I was buying, but it appeared in decent useable shape. Sold for $3000! I think they are good tractors, but if you can't get parts they are just scrap iron. However if you are getting one for a single job it could be worth the risk at prices like that. https://www.rbauction.com/1982-FIATALLIS-FD20?invId=9441244&id=ar&auction=NASHVILLE-TN-2016246
Fiatallis hydraulic filter Anyone have any clue where to find a hyrdraulic filter for an fl7? The old pn 79032087 is coming up empty and I've tried wix delco lubrifiner Donaldson fram and even carquest for a filter but everyone stopped making it. The old filter is falling apart and doing more harm than good. I've been calling everyone in Texas that has everyworked on an fl7 to see if they could find parts but to no avail. Short of having one custom built Its looking good. Anyone have any spares or answers ?
Donaldson P165171
Check with Baldwin numbers at Application Associates, is where I find all the filters for my 7G highlift. http://www.applicationassociates.com/
I checked into Donaldson P165171 and it is almost an 18 inch tall filter. My filter is 8.1 tall by 4.74 ID and 6.94 OD. I will call application associates in the morning though and see what they can find.
Very strange. When I put your number into the cross reference it said that was a Fiat number it was cross referencing. That is usually a good sign when it comes from the same brand. Are you sure you have the right part number to start?
I wish it was the wrong part number but I got it right out of the parts catalog. It cross to a fram c4644, lubrifiner lp8346, wix 51425, AC pf1435. Non of those brands produce the filter anymore and are not willing to do a special order.
I looked at Baldwin and that number is still available on various web sites but it looks like it is still the 18" version. Same with the Wix. Application Associates is one of the suppliers.
If you can't find that filter, can you replace the housing or plumb in a different one to use a more standard size filter? That'd be better than using it without a filter or parking the machine.
LSR 1, If it's any consolation, I just did a quick search for a hyd. filter for our 14C and couldn't find a cross number for it either. However, if I need one , I ring my supplier and quote the number from the parts book and he always comes good, last one from this manufacturer. Iam sure there's a filter out there somewhere for your loader. http://www.ricambiamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=Fiat+fl7+hydraulic+filter
The above link may not be any help to you, I assumed it was the American arm of Ricambi. This one may be some use if you speak Italian, and they do offer fast shipping worldwide. http://www.ghinassi.com Our filter,
Finally found a filter. Cooks used parts found me one from a guy that is still using 3 fiatallis and willing to part with one of his spare filters.