Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450d

Don8286 ยท 2016-01-28 18:33

I have a case 450d and can not find the transmission drain plug. I removed the rear belly pan under the tranny and removed a large bolt at the lowest part of tranny but only about a quart of fluid drained out. What am I missing

Replies2
  1. #102Dmax2016-01-28 21:28

    It's toward the rear of the machine and it quite possibly might be hidden by the drawbar. If your machine has a drawbar it will need to removed or loosened and swung to one side to access the plug. The plug should be flat with a 1/2" square drive.

  2. #2goldhunter_22026-05-07 22:39

    I just drained my 450D last week took me a while to find it to lol on the right side of pan towards the back in the side just above the bend in pan there is drain plug fits a 1/2 drive socket wrench in to turn. if you don't clean machine first you miss it every time. The other way is towards form of transmission housing there is a short rubber hose that connects to a hard line (goes up to suction screen) I pulled this off also so I could run a magnet inside to be sure there was no metal