Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 10C Dozer

Azcutter ยท 2016-01-27 12:20

Can anyone tell me the good and bad of the 10C dozer and if you can still get undercarriage parts and if so where?

Replies5
  1. #1Huntoon2016-02-04 16:48

    I'd guess Berco would have the parts if anyone.

  2. #2CatofAmerica2016-02-05 09:29

    We looked at buying one of these before. The problem we found with a lot of them we saw were the transmissions were prone to going out. It seems like they were quoting like $15k for a rebuild of it too. That was just a couple independents. Apparently the parts are hard to get. Of course this was just the ones we found, doesn't mean they are all like that. We also found that they were extremely hard to research. You almost had to call someone that worked on Fiat to know anything about them.

  3. #3Mapleleaftrucks2016-02-05 11:56

    I had one a couple of years ago same as that one, Was a nice operating dozer, my head gasket went took a month to get one from the dealer and it was $450 for just the head gasket, had trouble with the little sump pump that takes the oil from the torque converter and puts it back into the trans, could not get a pump so had to modify another pump in there, never had any trouble with trans, my sprockets where bad and I try for a year to get sprockets and could not get them even though the fiat dealer, then I ended up selling it

  4. #4Queenslander2016-02-11 18:58

    Not much help to you Azcutter, but I don't have a lot of trouble sourcing Fiat track gear here. I need rollers for my 14C at the moment, and as a matter of interest I rang the Aust. dealer that was listed on the website of ITM, a large Italian undercarriage manufacturer. As soon as I mentioned Fiat, he lost interest and said that ITM don't produce product for them anymore. Rang my usual supplier, who said that definitely wasn't the case and he has a full range of ITM track gear in stock. As I have said in previous posts, there are still plenty of parts being produced by aftermarket suppliers in Italy, the problem seems to finding someone willing to stock them. Cheers, Greg

  5. #5Queenslander2016-05-06 03:31

    Just a follow up on my above post and to prove that ITM do still manufacture undercarriage for Fiat tractors.