My charge pump went bad so I put another pump on. Not even 30 minutes after running it my dipstick shot up and motor oil started blowing out. I checked the hydraulic fluid and it was half low and the motor oil was extremely over. Prior to running it I checked everything and everything was filled up correctly. Some how the hydraulic fluid is mixing into the motor oil. Now I have bought 3 charge pumps and this keeps happening!!!! Can someone please tell me what's wrong?
Unnh, Kristi, Don't forget about the truism that Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" ....or something like that. It pays to keep that saying in mind when trying to repair old iron. Those charge pumps must have cost some decent money. And I doubt that the dealer will take them back...? I'm no expert on the Case 450 but without others who are familiar with the machine chiming in here there are a few things to question: 1. What happened that you decided the original charge pump went bad? Did it do the same thing--pumping oil into the engine? 2. Is the charge pump located on the transmission somewhere that is close to the engine, that is, could it have been put back together incorrectly? Is the new pump identical to the old pump? 3. Your best bet is to get a service manual for the 450--there are places on the 'net that you can pay $50 or so and get a download of a manual. Google search is your friend here. 4. If you are not "mechanically minded" the best bet might be to bite the bullet and get a serviceman from a dealer to help. This is by far the most costly way to go but might be the quickest way to get back running. Hope this helps. Jon.
Is the transmission oil cooler part of the engine oil cooler group, if it is then you have lost the seals in it.
Just did a little digging, the charge pump is timing cover mounted? The drive shaft for the pump remains on the pump or is part of the engine? If is a engine component then you are damaging the shaft seals when installing and allowing the problem.
From what I remember and been a long time the pump trans. charge pump bolts to The engine timing cover and is gear drive. If your blowing seals it sounds like a blockage or relief problem. There is a suction strainer and a pressure filter in the system. The pressure filter circuit also has a small relief valve. Your problem could be there. You change filters? Clean suction screen? Could also be transmission main relief valve. Tom
Also forgot to ask,You sure it's a 450D? I only knew of a 450,450B,450C. Tom