Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 455C Dozer/Loader

NewDozer ยท 2015-08-06 14:59

I have a Case 455c which sometimes shows zero transmission pressure on the gage just after starting it, the machine will not move. What is weird is that all of a sudden the pressure will come up and I can work the machine for hours, the next time I shut it off the same thing repeats. I replaced the filters, made sure the oil was up to full, and am not seeing any leaks.. Would and of you Case guys out there have an idea of where to look for correcting the problem. Thank you NewDozer

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2015-08-07 01:03

    Welcome to HEF NewDozer! You need to look at the suction hoses between the transmission & the charge pump mounted on the LH side of the engine. Be certain all clamps are tight, with no sign of any leakage. If all looks good, the pump may be worn & sucking air through the drive gear - which will mean a new pump is required. Try parking the machine with the front facing downhill, that will probably allow pressure to build with some gravity assist.

  2. #2NewDozer2015-08-11 12:02

    Alrman, Thanks for the tip, I will check further to see if anything shows leakage of air or fluid. I really appreciate your advise