Hi folks, I have 6 track links that are froze. I have soaked them in oil for 6 months with not avail. I have heated them with a torch. Two broke lose (kind of). How do I remove a track pin so I can remove a track(s) and hammer the frozen pins out? Thanks
One track pin will look different to all the others. It depends what type of track chain you have. Likely will not be a sealed & lubricated, so the track pin you are looking for may have a dimple on the end, when all the others won't. In saying this, I don't think you will be able to "hammer out" the frozen pins. But it may allow you to hit the link one way & then the other, to try to free up the troubled ones. Diesel is usually a better choice of freeing up stuck pins.
Driving in water is often the best solution to free up stuck links.
This is what (after 2 years) fixed a 'kinked' track link on our 210 excavator. Parked machine (in gravelled) puddle over winter. Put heavy steel plate under the kinked link with weight of machine on link. No amount of oil/diesel etc would free it up. Machine was walked many kms and this also failed to free up that frozen link...
If you have a dealer that deals in replacement tracks take the tracks to them. It may cost you a bit of money but hey you’ve wasted 6 months messing with them.