Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 470 Power Steering Fluid

bowen ยท 2013-11-04 06:39

I have a problem and wonder if anyone has experience with the issue. This is on a 1970 Case 470 tractor with what they call the "Ross Hydrostatic Power Steering" system. The problem is that the power steering whines pretty loud when I 1st crank it, when it's cold outside; maybe below 40 degrees. During this warm-up the power steering is also stiff. After it gets warm the noise goes away and the steering works fine. (~5 minutes) The book says to use Case TCH fluid, but this is not what I used. I put Hyd fluid in there from TSC that is suppose to be a replacement. Are some hydraulic fluids harder to get warmed up to thin out? Or might I have another problem? I think this may be similar to some of the 580B power steering systems.

Replies0

No replies yet.