I am new to this forum. I would like to put tire chains on my 1983 John Deere 510B Backhoe and I was wondering if anyone has done so . Would a 7/16" ladder chain work or would I need wheel spacers? Could I use a smaller chain like 5/16" or 3/8"and not need wheel spacers? Thanks!!
Not sure about your 510, but I use Duo17 Duo Grip Tractor Chains from tirechain.com without spacers and haven't had any trouble on my '83 JD 310B. I mainly use them for snow removal and extra traction around my property. Don't run on asphalt and no higher gear than first main/ third 'other'? As long as they are snug they don't scrape the fenders.
Thanks for the quick reply!!! I will check out those Dou17 chains. Your 310B is a little different style machine from mine so the clearance may be different. In 1983 John Deere switched from the 410 and 510 to the 410B, 510B and 710B.