New here and to backhoes. Had a leak in the injection pump, had it rebuilt and after installing it, it seems that there is a lack of torque. There is a torque adjustment on the injection pump, Do I need to adjust it?
IF YOU WANT TO.. but it was probably calibrated on a $100,000.00 machine before it was sent back to you.. Some torque screws are backed all the way out, depending on the engine application.. and adjusted ON the machine by an authorized dealer. IF I had a pump # I could tell you right quick.. Does it have a seal running thru the screw?? some tamper proof red, blue or yellow laquer/paint on the nut or screw?? Breaking that will void the warranty.. If you want to, back it out 1/2 turn.. no more..
I just looked it up.. it IS SET on the test stand.. if its adjusted to much, it'll give low torque. Are you SURE the timing is set correctly??
Definitely would adjust the pump/ gear train timing before you adjust the internals
Pretty sure its timed right, lined up all the marks before removing it. I'll get the serial # in the morning. Thanks Jon
You may have lined up the marks in the side cover but what was the engine set on?? Gotta check the flywheel * marks to be sure its set right. The correct way is>> SET THE ENGINE at the correct *.. THEN check the pump lines in the window.. AND.. it makes a HUGE difference in the direction you turn your engine to set the *'s.. You MUST rotate it IN THE DIRECTION of normal rotation.. IF you turn your engine backwards to set the timing, you'll NEVER get it right.. just a heads up.. Good luck.
[QUOTE IF you turn your engine backwards to set the timing, you'll NEVER get it right.. just a heads up.. Good luck.[/QUOTE] ok, when I took off the pump I lined up the mark on the pump, #1 cylinder valves loose, fly wheel at 8 degrees. Turned the flywheel ccw if sitting in the cab. There is paint on the torque adjustment screw. Thanks Jon forgot the pump # Rosta Master 270976 A-152378
8* sounds correct.. The way I do it is, bump the engine w/ the starter and find out which way its SUPPOSED TO TURN. Have you double checked it since you've had the problem? .. it will show up when you double check it, IF you check it in the correct rotation.
I'm going to recheck it in the morning. What I don't understand is that it starts and runs great. Has a little white smoke when cold but that's it. Does idle a little high. Should have checked it today but I started replacing the brakes.
Idles hi?? are you going by ear or the engine tach? You cant trust either one.. The adjustment is on the throttle lever stop screw.. 1 is low idle and the other is hi idle.
Just going by ear, think I'll just leave it alone.
I would like to thank everyone for their help with this project! Reset the timing, it was off just a little, seemed to help.
If you find it doesn't help enough.. send me an email.