Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 480E Hydraulic Reservoir Muck

miklav · 2016-10-12 11:04

Anyone have a suggestion on what I can use to clean out the black muck at the bottom of the hydraulic reservoir? I think the black muck is old algae. I got the drain plug removed but the top fill opening of the reservoir is only a ½” hole. Maybe some type of flexible Frankenstein long shaft with a spray nozzle on it so I can get around the reservoir's baffles? Mike from Medina, Ohio

Replies3
  1. #1fast_st2016-10-12 13:52

    I've had good luck with a 2 gallon garden sprayer as a pressure source fill it with alcohol or maybe a little diesel. how much muck is there? I recently cleaned metal debris from an axle using diesel, let it drain into a pail, strain through a rag and leave the heaviest stuff behind, pour it back into the sprayer and repeat for a couple hours until all the heavy stuff was gone. having a bright light helps too.

  2. #2Hobbytime2016-10-12 16:38

    grab one of those cheap harbor freight air engine cleaners for about $10.00 http://www.harborfreight.com/engine-cleaning-gun-68290.html and make the front longer with some metal tubing and spray away..

  3. #3Delmer2016-10-12 16:59

    Hot water, pressure washer or steam cleaner if you have one.