Hopefully someone here can help me with my first post. Case 521D, rebuilt engine last year from local machine shop. Fast forward to now, No heat at all. Not just from the heater core but you can put your hand on the block, rad hose ,head etc after running for 20 minutes. Gauge never comes up. It is a new thermostat just changed from case, funny that it sits with the pointed end looking at the head. This is backwards to anything I have ever seen. The way the head is machined there is no other way to install it. Today I covered the rad and it built a little pressure in the rad hoses but not much. The hyd cooling fan runs all the time. I was wondering if this is actually supposed to be controlled by a sensor as it moves a lot of air Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks
If it is over-cooled, that is the thermostat. A hyd fan that runs all of the time is the same as a belt driven fan.