Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 521G Won’t Move

Mr. Wrench · 2026-09-16 15:18

Working on a CASE 521G s/n NMF253293 that won't move. You start it up, press the brake and press the parking brake button. The button will go from solid to flashing. When you move the shift lever to forward or reverse the parking brake light will go off and the direction you selected will flash that icon on the screen. Rev it up and it won't move either direction in any gear. I think that the icon needs to turn solid for it to go in gear and move. All six of the clutch solenoids on the transmission are good. Codes: 746-05 Open circuit at differential lock valve - Active, I don't think this should keep it from moving. 522838-05 Internal backup battery disconnected - Active 5180-02 Output speed zero doesn't fit to other speed signals - This one comes and goes, it is like it should be seeing some output speed but it is not because it is not going into gear. The wiring from the six solenoids and temp sensor to the TCU are all good. If I unhook that plug from the transmission it will set an active code for open circuit for all those sensors. I'm not sure what is keeping this thing from going in gear.

Replies0

No replies yet.