Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530 CK

shadetreeguy ยท 2015-06-03 05:53

I have a 1965 530 CK and have used it about a dozen time but tonight it didn't want to move. It would go forward or backward about 15 feet then slow to a stop. I found if I pushed in the clutch and rev the engine for 5 or 10 seconds it would move another 15 feet. Found a dipstick to the left of the shifter and the fluid was actually up past the notch in it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1wtanton2015-06-03 13:30

    has the rear diff oil gone down? try draining then fill to proper level with proper oil and see if it works.

  2. #2shadetreeguy2015-06-03 20:56

    I have ordered some manuals so I will try that when they come in so I will know how to check and change. THANKS

  3. #3mikebramel2015-06-03 23:29

    Sounds like the trans screen is plugged up. Higher RPM = higher inlet vacuum to pull through a plugged strainer

  4. #4shadetreeguy2015-06-04 05:48

    That make sense I will look at that THANKS

  5. #5wtanton2015-06-04 06:38

    Once you have the manuals you will see how to pressure test the system as well. these units were notorious for the clutch or declutch spool coming out of adjustment. sounds like you are headed you the right direction.