Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530 CK Trouble shooting

B_Emerson ยท 2017-09-26 19:00

I have a few questions about my 530 CK I just recently purchased. I am new to having one so this could just be a error i'm causing. 1, how do I tell if I have a dry clutch or the other one? 2, If not a dry clutch, where do I add the oil on it fr the clutch system? 3, What oil to use? 4, When I first start it up it runs just fine and shifts just fine, When it warms up and I step on the clutch it starts to vibrate really bad and has a hard time going into gear. Any idea on what this might be?

Replies14
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-09-26 22:07

    Ok answer to question #1 Is there a valve under the fuel tank and is the clutch pedal connected to it. If not is there two shift levers kind of under the steering wheel? Question #2 There is a plug in the front cover under the steering wheel. There is a dipstick attached to it. Check the oil level with the engine off. Question #3 Use the same oil as you use in the hydraulics Question #4 Determines on which shuttle system you have either a power shuttle or a mechanical shuttle

  2. #2B_Emerson2017-09-26 22:28

    #1. No Valve, the rod that is attached to the pedal goes directly in the housing area. there are 2 shift levers one on the left and one on the right for the high/low and forward and reverse.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2017-09-26 22:56

    OK that explains somethings you will have to replace the clutch you're getting oil on the clutch. and it's not releasing all the way and why it's hard to shift.

  4. #4B_Emerson2017-09-26 23:03

    Is there any tricks to get the oil off of it and make it usable for a little while? Where would I check to see how oil is getting in and on it?

  5. #5B_Emerson2017-09-26 23:04

    Also why is there a hole on the driver side at the bottom of the housing. You can see up in there and see the clutch area etc..

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2017-09-26 23:26

    You can try and clean the clutch with brake cleaner and or solvent. The hole is so dust won't build up in the bell housing.

  7. #7B_Emerson2017-09-27 11:53

    Where would be the first couple places to check to see how oil is getting in there? Fluid looks good but is over filled. Where would I add hydraulic fluid?

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2017-09-27 15:39

    You add hyd. oil in the right hand loader frame up right just above the leveling cyl. (if it's still there) there is a pipe plug on the side of the loader frame upright and a breather on the top. Raise your backhoe up with stabilizers up and loader bucket about 18" off the ground and rolled back, this is what is called road position. Fill tank until oil comes out of hole on side. The oil is probably coming from the transmission input shaft carrier seal. You won't be able to see it really. BTW there is another plug kind of under the seat for the transaxle it takes gear oil.

  9. #9B_Emerson2017-09-28 09:42

    Hey thanks Coy, I replaced all the oils and filters yesterday. Do you know of a good place to order the input shaft carrier seal as well as the clutch?

  10. #10Coy Lancaster2017-09-28 22:36
  11. #11Juskatla2017-09-29 00:38

    You can try Dale Weiss at Tractorstuff for parts and information. Dale is very familiar with these old tractors and has both Case and quality aftermarket parts available. I purchased all the parts I needed to rebuild my 580CK from Dale and he was very helpful with making sure I got the correct parts. Tractorstuff is in Indiana but my parts came to the west coast of Canada in about a week via USPS.

  12. #12mike newransky2022-03-24 12:34

    I have the same leak in my transmission and I've split the tractor in two sections to do the clutch at the same time. My question is, does anyone know how to remove the trans input shaft? Looks like my leak is coming from the carrier seal. She's a 1966 CK case 530

  13. #13Coy Lancaster2022-03-25 07:43

    The seal housing will come off without removing the input shaft. Just remove the throwout bearing and then the bolts that hold the seal housing to the torque tube, may have to tap it with a small hammer to loosen it. There is a gasket behind it so be mindful of that.

  14. #14melben2022-03-30 14:47

    Do not forget to replace the brass bushing in the crank if it is the early clutch. That will often cause the very vibration and rough shifting.