Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530 loader filter

Walker1 ยท 2015-11-07 20:04

I changed the fluid in my loader, and attempted to change the filter. I could not get the housing off, and cracked the base at the mounting holes. Not sure if I am going to be able to get it apart or not. What are my options for installing an aftermarket filter head on this? So long as the inlet and outlet are the same size, and can tolerate the GPM, I would think it would be okay, just not sure. Any opinions?

Replies5
  1. #1Walker12015-11-13 00:49

    Just an update. I had been using ph blaster a heat on the base to try to get it to free up. It did nothing. Today I got out the big impact and knocked it off fairly quickly. One of the mounting bosses is cracked, but no further damage. I may pull the base off and TIG it back up, but I will likely run it for a while as is, as I have other bigger fish to fry at the moment. It had a Marvel 54000 filter in it that dirty, but not horrid. I will try to pick up a fresh filter tomorrow and get it back together. I think I will clean up the threads and put a little anti seize on them before I put it back together.

  2. #2Andy012016-03-25 19:22

    Does your machine have the aluminum canister with 1 1/2 nut on bottom with cartridge inside. My Case 580C does and it does not want to come off with 3' pipe on it. I may try impact if it will fit. Any advice?

  3. #3lantraxco2016-03-25 20:36

    I would advise you try some kind of strap wrench and or some judicious tapping of the filter head while trying to turn the canister. Excess torque on the hex part of that aluminum canister will just pop the hex part off, leaving a rather large hole. Surprised it hasn't happened already if you tried a 3' cheater pipe. YMMV

  4. #4Walker12016-03-31 20:39

    No, mine has the canister that points up. The impact knocked it right off.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-03-31 21:41

    :notworthy I'd rather be lucky than good anytime!