Busted a hose on my backhoe the other day on the bucket circuit. New hose 127 bucks because of goofy British ends ! Back at work yesterday after driving 90 plus miles to St Cloud MN to a hydraulic shop that can make a hose for me. So late yesterday afternoon I'm on the last rock in a field digging em out for my sisters husband and I bust another hose . Bad part is is that I'm heading out to the deer stand in a few minutes. So I guess Monday I'll be heading back to St Cloud (local shops have nothing to help me but can order the ends) to get another hose made:Banghead. I will never buy another piece of equipment that's made by some company that has no support further than 30 miles. I can get support for Ford, Cat, JD, Case and Kubota but not JCB. Rick
I'm surprised that local hydraulic shops don't stock BSPP fittings. Genie, Doosan and some forklifts all use BSPP fittings just like JCB.
Considering that the nearest dealer is 90 miles, and being a rural area, you just don't much stuff here that requires BSPP fittings so they don't stock them. Even a larger town, St Cloud MN with 3 hydraulic shops in the area the first place I went didn't carry BSPP fittings. They suggested I drive to north of the Twin Cities to a JCB dealer (only one I know of in the entire state of MN) there. I have Cat, Deere, Case and Kubota all within 25 miles. Komatsu and JCB are both 90 miles away in Fargo ND. Yesterday I was in St Cloud MN, 90 miles the other way, for a VA appt. JCB would have been another 50 or more miles. We see the same kinda thing with AG equipment. CaseIH/New Holland and JD 25 miles. AGCO/** 50 miles to a dealer that isn't very good. Rick
I forget the good part of working in a large city is that everything is available or Can be shipped in relatively quickly!
And the good part of living in the country on 200 acres is having room for toys like a TLB and a dozer! Rick
That's for sure!
Maybe you should buy a couple of the most common size hose tails on your machine and keep them in your tool box. Your local shop shop can then make you one up and just supply the hose.
Nobody here carries them. Always have order
BSP isn't an oddball, they're just running lean inventory. Kubota, JCB, Yanmar, Takeuchi, Mitsubishi, Doosan, etc. Weird British would be JIS lol. For 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4" you can interchange with NPS fittings. No 5/8", I'm guessing that's what you needed?
No it the hose in question is 3/4. And yea, here they are an oddball. About the only Kubota you see here are the MFW tractors and few of them. JCB, Yanmar, Takeuchi, Mitsubishi, and Doosan are not sold in the area and you never see them. So that makes the fittings they use goofy in this area. My local Yanmar dealer is 104 miles, Takeuchi 260 miles, no dealers in MN at all. Mitsubishi is more than 100 miles unless you are looking for a car and Doosan's dealer locater doesn't seem to work but I don't recall ever seeing anything they make. If finding a BSPP fitting is difficult in St Cloud MN, population 66K with a JD, Case, Kubota and Cat dealer (I had to try 2 different hydraulic shops) to get the ends. The First shop I tried also has a shop in the Twin Cities and even the one in the cities doesn't carry them, special order only. So try that in west MN 60 miles from the ND border. Rick
I second this! Buy extra fittings this time, it sounds like your JCB may be due for all new hoses.
I pulled my Cat in this spring and replaced about 1500 worth of hoses. I did get Cat hoses to put on it. Its a 98 416C with 4800 hrs on it. You can tell by looking at chafing and wear marks , bulges etc which ones are about to go. Typically the ones that see the most pressure in hard work situations are the first to go. JCB is a good backhoe , fast and power is good. Give her a little TLC and ride on.