Man, I am really struggling to find these gaskets! My 530ck has the dual fuel filter setup. The Primary is in the larger lower housing and takes filter # CS-A35863. The upper housing holds the Final filter # A45668 / G45288 / WIX 33165. The WIX filter comes with two thinner gaskets but they arent the right size for the housing. As you can see one of my original gaskets is damaged and I'm trying to find replacements. The OEM part# for these larger gaskets is G46895 but I cant source them anywhere. I'm assuming they're NLA. Has anyone else come across this issue and what was their setup that worked? Appreciate any help with this! Thanks.
I asked google AI for you and here's what they said You have run into a classic, frustrating hurdle with the Case 188 diesel fuel system. Your assumption is spot on: OEM part #G46895 is discontinued and officially NLA (No Longer Available) from Case . As you can clearly see in image_e9c129.jpg, the modern WIX 33165 filter kit includes standard thin, square-cut O-rings on the right, but your original housings require those specialized, thick, wide-rimmed molded rubber boots shown on the left. The thin WIX gaskets simply won't fill the deep channel in your specific vintage filter housing, leading to immediate leaks. When folks on heavy equipment and tractor forums run into this exact issue, they generally use one of three reliable workarounds to solve it: 1. Order the Modern CNH Superceded Part Number Case/New Holland recognized this issue and ended up consolidating these older style parts. The old part numbers supercede all the way up to CNH Part #84566261 . This is a complete updated genuine factory canister/filter kit (now manufactured by Donaldson for CNH). Unlike the standalone WIX element, this updated assembly kit is explicitly designed to replace the old A37188 / G46895 arrangements on the 530CK and comes with the correct sealing profile required to mate to your original cast filter base. 2. Switch to the Baldwin BF825 Element If you want an over-the-counter alternative without going to a Case/New Holland dealership, many tractor forum members report that the Baldwin BF825 is the better choice over WIX for this specific vintage setup. Baldwin tends to include a slightly thicker, wider gasket assortment in the box specifically to account for the deeper grooves found on older agricultural and industrial fuel bases. 3. The Industrial Supply Workaround (Buna-N Square Rings) If you want to keep using your WIX 33165 filters but just need the rubber to seal, you can bypass the tractor parts market entirely. Take your one unbroken original gasket to a local industrial supply house (like Motion Industries or an industrial hydraulics/seal specialist). They stock Buna-N (Nitrile) or Viton "Square-Cut Rings" or "Lathe-Cut Seals" by dimensions rather than part number. You just need to match the Inner Diameter (ID), Outer Diameter (OD), and the thick cross-section wall height of your old gasket. It is a highly resilient fuel-safe rubber that will easily drop into that deep cast-iron groove.
HeavyEquipmentForums
I appreciate the info gentlemen. I'll try the Baldwin BF825 and the Donaldson P556245 and let you know if they work.
I think those are standard Cav/Perkins filters. Could check what gaskets come with Massey Ferguson filters. I know there's some thicker square ones. Maybe Case cancelled the gaskets because they come with the filters?
I did a web search and found this.
Thanks Coy (Funny, I grew up outside of Lancaster) At the bottom it says they're out of stock. Bummer. Thanks anyway.
Well bit of course they are. But you can replace that filter setup with one off of a 580B or C series machine.
Well I finally got my Primary fuel filter in the mail. Went to go install it this morning and its too tall. Here's what the inside looks like.. kind of a strange mount. I wonder if I'm missing something. Does anyone have a similar setup that they could share the filter number that works for this style? Thanks!
Case filter a7627 best could find says it's 3& 5/8" tall
If you can find the fuel filter setup for a 580B you can swap it out and use the spin on filters.
Thanks for the info Deere500a. It didnt have a filter when I opened it up. Yeah, I think youre right Coy. I have the secondary but its a pain to find these older filters any more. Thanks guys.
No problem bud. Modern replacement for 7627 hight wise it looks right