Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 530CK no clutch

Hoppasfarmall ยท 2023-06-04 12:14

Good day everyone. I recently picked up a 1966 Case 530CK with no backhoe just 3 point hitch and loader. I belive it has what is called a shuttle shift. Moved great when I test drive it, great backing off the trailer now no clutch, grinds when you try to put it in gear or when I try to put it in forward or reverse. Am I correct that this 530CK has a shuttle shift? Loader does have some leaks, where do I check and add hydraulic fluid? Could low hydraulic fluid have anything to do with the no clutch? Never dealt with this style clutch so I apologize with the dumb questions. Ron

Replies3
  1. #1Hoppasfarmall2023-06-04 12:22

    In the original thread I showed a picture of the clutch mechanicals, this 2nd picture is a fill tube of some sort next to the forward / reverse lever. Just not sure where to add or check hydraulic fluid.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-06-04 14:14

    Welcome to HEF, Hoppasfarmall ! The parts book is your friend. It is here ---> 530CK . Click on the gray pane in the image and you can download the Operators Manual. You will need a .pdf reader to be able to view it.

  3. #3Rick392023-06-05 06:28

    The converter oil needs to warm up before the clutch will release enough to shift easily. Try starting it in neutral, let it warm up a bit, then shut it off and restart in gear with the clutch depressed. Release the clutch, drive around a bit. With the oil warm, machine completely stopped, and the engine at a slow idle the shuttle should shift without difficulty.