I have a john Deere 450G and am currently looking at a Case 550 long track, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on any advantages the Case 550 might have over the JD 450G. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a new dozer owner, so far from expert on operation. I bought a Case 550E with low hours and am happy with it. I was told that one of the advantages of the Case dozers is the ability to run the tracks in different speed ranges to make your turns, etc. One track in high, one in low makes a power turn where both tracks have traction while you turn. Once you get used to it, you will hardly use the brakes to turn at all. I've never owned a 450G Deere. I'm thinking it's a little heavier than the Case. The maintenance on the Case dozer seems pretty easy and straightforward. Cummins engine 4-390. Looks like fairly simple hydraulics and electric. I replaced a track adjuster and front idler on mine and everything came apart like it was supposed to. Greg
Yeah, a 450 Deere is bigger than a 550 Case