Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 550G transmission pressure gauge

Tim E ยท 2016-06-09 21:37

I have a 1997 Case 550G and while the dozer is running the transmission gauge is pegged out on the high side. I have a gauge to test the the transmission pressure but I need to know what the normal pressure is for this machine. I don't want to replace the gauge and ruin a new gauge, any information is greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1JS3002016-06-10 17:27

    Does the needle move when you shift gears? I will try to post pressure specs in a bit. Think I have them, but have to make sure.

  2. #2JS3002016-06-10 18:24

    Best I can tell the guage should read 215-310 with the trans oil hot. If the gauge is pegged out it is reading above 380 psi. Is would get a 0-500 psi gauge for testing. There are too many testing procedures to list. Hope this helped.

  3. #3JS3002016-06-10 18:28

    Also says to test at full throttle and in neutral.

  4. #4sheepfoot2016-06-10 18:37

    More than likely it's at 250-310 psi. at max rpm and load. You would more than likely have a bad gauge or regulator issue. I would do the pressure gauge check also with a min 500-1000 psi gauge.

  5. #5Tim E2016-06-10 18:54

    Thanks for the information, I have a progressive gauge that goes up to 5,000 psi. I will test the pressure tomorrow. Thanks again

  6. #6Tim E2016-06-10 18:56

    Yes the gauge does move back to the green area temporarily when you put the transmission in gear

  7. #7Tim E2016-06-27 07:48

    Checked pressure read 260, ordered new guage thanks

  8. #8JS3002016-06-27 08:39

    Tim E did you order a factory gauge? If so I'd like know who from. I need a factory oil pressure gauge.

  9. #9Tim E2016-06-28 07:43

    I ordered from my local case dealer. If you need info please let me know and I will get it to you, the guage was 115.00