I have a 550G Case that the blade is in need of rebuild. I have already cut the swivel ring off. I have a new ring and swivel plate. I have not been able to find a welding procedure for it. I think the ring and plate are hardened steel. I would like to find out about preheating and the right stick welding rods for it.Thanks for any info.
Preheating to 200 -250 F with a propane torch works good alomg with welding with some 8018 rod like Arc-Tec 223 which is excellent for elasticity and impact cracking. Stringer beads and peening after each pass is a good idea. 1/8 rod and 5/32 should work well for the job. Simon C
Thanks for the reply. That is about what I was thinking. Hadn't thought about 8018s. I'll have to get those. Haven't used any 8018s in a long time.
A lot of heavy equipment welders in Alberta use the Arc-Tec 223 as it is also very strong in cold weather where welds and steel tend to crack easily. There are some other high quality rods available in your area that some of the mobile equipment welders could direct you to. Simon C
Arc-Tec good rod , that’s all we used on the crushers ,screening plant’s a little more expensive,but worth it In my opinion