Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 570 MXT 4 Speed transmission

Coastman ยท 2023-04-04 09:06

Hi Guys, I have a 2004 570mxt. when I shift in any of the four speeds, half the time drops into gear immediately and the other half (seems random) takes about a minute to drop into gear. I dont have any issues shifting from forward to reverse or revers to forward, just the 4 speed shifting. I'm thinking its a solenoid issue, but I cant see which solenoid it is.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-04-05 20:44

    Have you tried putting the FNR switch in neutral when you shift the four speed?

  2. #2Acecadet2023-04-06 22:19

    Had a similar problem on a jcb 214. Forward and reverse seemed fine but it was a struggle to shift the four speed. Had to really lean on the synchronizers to get it in gear. Turned out the forward clutch pack was partially smoked. The warped steels kept the input shaft turning all the time.

  3. #3JL Sargent2023-04-09 13:31

    Worn out synchronizers could cause these symptoms.