Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 C brake fluid

Mobilewrench · 2023-04-03 23:11

Serial # A 8950566 Need to replace a master and slave on this machine this week. I suspect that the owner put dot 3 in it (he was working out of an incorrect shop manual) and that caused the failure. I seem to remember that the brake fluid on these was either mineral oil or hydraulic fluid based on the serial number. Anyone know?

Replies7
  1. #1580bob2023-04-04 01:03

    580c was regular brake fluid

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-04-04 09:38

    From the 580C Operators Manual

  3. #3Mobilewrench2023-04-13 22:26

    Wow, glad I asked. I was sure that it was different. Thanks guys.

  4. #4S.A.E.2024-04-08 04:51

    What Case Operator's manual do YOU have? TONS of info!

  5. #5S.A.E.2024-04-08 04:57

    What are you doing for replacement parts/pieces? I ordered these and they look fine. 80 bucks for both sides, complete! Had the seller check rubber compositions as listed for B,C,D. Came back with A.O.K. to use on these. Sooooo, upon replacement I am going to change mine out to hydraulic fluid. Has anyone done the same? https://www.ebay.com/itm/2757504039...uid=-45ByiYUTPC&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

  6. #6S.A.E.2024-06-02 01:41

    hello Tinkerer Since I’m redoing both masters and slaves I’m thinking of changing it to hydraulic then my B,C, and d will be common I’ll label the units as such. Do you see any detriment to going to hydraulic fluid again, masters and slaves are brand new and checking with the manufacturer, the seals were compatible regardless

  7. #7Tinkerer2024-06-02 08:14

    #1- Are you putting oil in your 580C master cylinders ? #2- Your B has master cylinders ? #3- If that vendor on Ebay says you can use oil, go for it.