Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 570lxt stuck bushing

Ronn · 2019-08-30 16:58

I recently bought a case 570lxt and noticed there was some slop in a pin that connects the linkage that tilts the loader bucket. I removed the nut & bolt that holds the pin and linkage and found worn bushings. I was able to remove the old bushings and order new ones. After I tried to install a new one it got stuck half way in and I cannot get it to budge any farther. I had them in the freezer all night. Even tried pulling it in with washers and the nut and bolt which ruined the threads. Any ideas that might help me would be greatly appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Theweldor2019-08-30 17:18

    A freezer really doesn't do much for shrinking a bushing. Dry ice will work wonders. there is not enough temperature differential just putting one in a freezer. Do you know anyone with a thru hole porta - power cylinder. That is what you are probably going to need now.

  2. #2Ronn2019-08-30 17:29

    If that will help me install these bushings I can probably look one up online and order one. In fact I just seen something posted locally that sounds kind of like what your talking about. It had a pump, some kind of hydraulic cylinder and a bunch of attachments.

  3. #3Ronn2019-08-30 17:38

    Would this work?

  4. #4Nige2019-08-30 17:49

    I wouldn’t have thought so. You’re probably looking at something like a 30-50 ton cylinder to get that bush installed. Google “hollow ram cylinder” - that’s what you need, plus the 50-ton capacity high-tensile threaded bar that goes through the middle of it, and all the end plates and the nuts.

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-08-30 19:53

    I'd try a bigger (1-1/4" or larger) fine thread bolt (if possible) or stud and some heavy washers to try and pull it in. You could put tension on it and smack with a BFH. The washer tight against the bushing should prevent any damage to the bushing. Could also get some dry ice pellets to put inside the bushing to cool it off first. Stick a rag in the other side so they stay in the bushing.

  6. #6Ronn2019-08-30 21:13

    Thanks I got it in with a bigger hammer, I'm gonna wait until I can get some dry ice before I try the other one. It almost seemed like the bushing was too big. There was metal shavings coming off inside the hole.

  7. #7skata2019-08-31 00:16

    Did you sand the hole clean first? Put some oil in hole before driving bushing in?

  8. #8Nige2019-08-31 04:35

    That's the whole idea. The outside of the bushing is designed to be a few thousandths bigger than the hole into which it fits. Shrink the bushing using dry ice or liquid nitrogen and install it, then when it expands it grips the inside of the hole and won't move. By shaving metal off the inside of the bore driving it in with a big hammer all you've done is pretty much guaranteed that it won't stay put and will walk it's way back out again. You should definitely consider some dry ice for the next one.