Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 B shuttle issues

nicholasj · 2020-03-29 18:05

SO I checked the threads and picked up a lot of good info I figured I would describe my problem because it seems a bit different. Ive always had the cold start issue where it wouldn't move till warmed up, no biggie but yesterday I was digging spun around to move absolutely nothing. Here are some things I checked real quick. Linkage seemed to be intact at spool and moving properly. Fluid was good if anything I thought it may be to high but machine is on slight incline. I seen on here filter but they said there's a bypass which leads me to a screen but that seem kind off odd it would be so abrupt. so I put 4 speed gear shifter in neutral. shifter on the column in drive figured if tube was spinning it would grind nothing so there I am just wanting to dig some dirt

Replies15
  1. #1Ronsii2020-03-29 20:03

    Are you absolutely sure you're checking the right fluid? also if someone has changed something and the dipstick is not 'accurate' this would explain why the fluid would have to 'warm up' and expand a bit to make things work.... could be other things also... Have you thought about adding a bit of fluid to see if it helps??? I don't quite remember if the B has a disengage solenoid or not???? (would usually have a button on the loader control)

  2. #2nicholasj2020-03-29 20:23

    Your totally right man thanks so much I was being slight on the incline im pretty much at a 75° incline I bet the fluid is high on the stick but empty up front thanks man

  3. #3nicholasj2020-03-30 14:49

    Well no luck adding fluid checked filter eventhough there is a pressure release filter could used to be changed which I will noticed not much fluid in the filter canister took out filter tried to run no luck took of filter cover figured if pump was running fluid would spew out nothing idk im thinking take a look at this screen I keep hearing about then diagnose from there anyone know where its at or any knowledge of the pump itself

  4. #4Ronsii2020-03-30 18:18

    I know it's too late now but NEVER run things like that without a filter installed!!!! The filter prevents tiny particles of junk/metal/etc... from getting into the precision parts and causing a VERY expensive repair Do you know if your machine have a transmission cutout switch??? usually a button on the loader controls that you depress when raising the bucket to load a truck or something that allows the transmission to disengage (while still in drive) allowing all available power to go to raising the bucket.

  5. #5nicholasj2020-03-30 18:36

    My bad with filter. There's no cutoff for transmission ill have new filter tommorow my books show absolutely no screen that's been mentioned either

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-03-30 19:38

    If you have a 580B with a shuttle, there is a screen, Nicholas ! It is in the bottom of the case on the end of a tube. There has been a lot of discussion on HEF about it. Item #21 in the image. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...N&currency=#epc::mr5680048ar690643bi467369-21

  7. #7nicholasj2020-03-30 20:47

    Perfect thanks Tinkerer ill search threads see how im gonna get to this

  8. #8Tinkerer2020-03-30 21:47

    I don't recommend it ,but there have been detailed instructions on how to drill and tap hole in the case to get access to the screen to clean it. If you do a through search you will find it. Someone may chime in and give you a link to it.

  9. #9nicholasj2020-03-31 12:16
  10. #10nicholasj2020-03-31 12:19

    Well I installed filter no luck could see that coming. I figured id might do some more diagnosis before trying to clean screen. I pulled the cover that's ahead of the shifter where clutch plates are im gonna try to post a video

  11. #11nicholasj2020-03-31 12:40
  12. #12nicholasj2020-03-31 12:44
  13. #13nicholasj2020-03-31 12:45

    So that's what im looking at when running interior components spin but not everything like it should

  14. #14Tinkerer2020-03-31 13:16

    HEF does not host videos. But, you post a link to one. Coping and pasting UTube video url's works quite well.

  15. #15Ronsii2020-03-31 23:26

    Like this