Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 backhoe frame compatibility – E to B model

d2r ยท 2013-08-19 15:22

have a chance to pick up a loader frame ( which connects between tractor & swing tower ) for a 1986 580 case super e. would this fit my worn out 1973 case 580b extendahoe which uses the model 35 hoe?

Replies9
  1. #1jpeters2013-08-19 15:39

    I believe you are referring to the backhoe control tower?

  2. #2Bill Smith2013-08-20 07:39

    I don't think it will work . The B model was a tractor ,the motor transmision and rear end was the frame . The C,D,E had a box type frame . In your situation to remove your B hoe the controls would come with it as a stand alone unit.To remove the hoe on C.D.E all your levers and hydraulic banks remain in the cab

  3. #3mitch5042013-08-20 07:57

    Yeah, I don't think they are even similar

  4. #4jpeters2013-08-20 08:30

    The backhoe controls on a C come with the hoe assembly. They do not stay in the cab.

  5. #5d2r2013-08-20 12:56

    the reason i asked, in this picture they looked awfully similar.

  6. #6jpeters2013-08-20 14:02

    That does not look like my 580c control tower or controls.

  7. #7digger242j2013-08-20 16:32

    Case has a very good online parts catalog. I'd look there and compare the two.

  8. #8d2r2013-08-21 14:57

    i have sticks somewhat like that in my 580b, but what i'm actually asking about is the frame ( weldment ) on the right side of the picture. will it fit onto the back of the tractor and also fit a 73 580b swing tower? i'll try the catalogue next time i'm on high speed, but thought someone here might know how many changes in hoe frames there were and when they changed over.

  9. #9hookedondiesel2013-08-25 05:55

    d2r , do as digger suggested and compare the part numbers from case. By the way, what part of Ontario are you from, I'm near Rockland and I also seen that add.