Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 C Differential Bolt kit

toomanymopars ยท 2023-08-03 13:03

I have a early 80s 580C Case Backhoe. It sheared off the bolts that attach ring gear to carrier in the differential. I did the same thing several years ago and I previously was able to find a complete kit that included 12 bolts, 12 washers, and 12 cone type spacers for around $60.00. Now it seems like nothing is available aftermarket. I did purchase hopefully the correct bolts on e bay that were genuine Case (they haven't arrived yet). The big issue is the spacers. Case dealer says they are $67.00 each x 12. I think he is full of it...maybe for the set of 12, but he says that is for one. Anyone have any ideas or is my machine THAT obsolete?

Replies6
  1. #1nova4812023-08-03 13:47

    I think I have the correct part number A153272, if it is then the price is correct. CASE CONSTRUCTION | SPACER | A153272 | MyCNHi US Store SPACER #A153272 www.mycnhistore.com It's just nuts in today's economy.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-08-03 18:02

    Perhaps another dealer or someone at your dealer could confirm if they come as a kit or individual. If individual a machine shop could probably make them for lot less on a CNC machine. We're the old spacers lost or couldn't be reused? What are doing to have broken the bolts twice?

  3. #3toomanymopars2023-08-04 10:00

    We probably can re use half of them, but some are in bad shape. As far as it doing this again, I have no idea. Probably because we probably use the loader part a lot harder than it was designed for. lol...The rear differential design is small and weak to begin with. Age, and probably abuse have caused stress. However, it is aggravating that 5 years ago you could buy an entire bolt kit with washers and spacers for $60 and now nothing available aftermarket...and case wants $67 each for a thimble size spacer. These tapered spacers look pretty much the same as on a truck rear axle. Might be time to start looking for something else.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-08-04 13:49

    Do you remember where you got them the last time? Might be good to call Dale Weiss (sp) he's been mentioned on here many times as the Case parts expert.

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-08-04 18:59

    Call Dale Wiess. telephone 765) 378-5515

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-08-04 22:26

    Thanks Tinkerer, of course I got the spelling wrong.