I need new tires , so I called Pomp's to get a quote. It has Goodyear 6 Ply 17.5L-24 tubeless tires on it. Pomp's said they could only get Titan tires, everything else is backordered with no known date of availability. I have used Titan on some of my ag tractors with good results. Anyone have thoughts one way or the other? Another thought is I normally change them myself and paint the rims inside and out. This time I'm going to have them change the tires.... Just paint the outside of the rim up to the old tires and let it go at that? Thanks Kurly
A good thread t check out. HeavyEquipmentForums
ARMSTRONG CHANGED NAME TO TITAN,, DON'T KNOW IF CAN GET 8 PLY ANYMORE IN THAT SIZE
ted load 4400LB, 8 Ply Rated load 5360LB, 12 Ply Rated load 6600Lbs. I think my machine weights about 12-13,000Lbs. Would 6 ply be heavy enough?
Sorry, I'll call Pomp's tomorrow but Titan's website lists 6ply with a rated load of 4400LB.
$$$$.$$. ???
Titan is a decent tire. 6 ply no way. It isn't all about how much weight the tire can carry. The shock from running over crap like rocks with sharp edges and broken concrete should be taken into consideration. I bought 12 ply tires cheaper than I could buy 10 ply. Pomp's was more expensive than a privately owned tire shop near me. Just sayin.
I don't know about industrial tires but on Ag tires Titan(Armstrong) bought out Goodyear. I would think industrial tires were included in the sale. If you find Goodyear's, I'd be checking the date they were made. Waste of money to buy tires that will weather crack rather quickly. Goodyear completes sale of farm tire business to Titan Tire (agriculture.com)
I just bought Titans for my 580SM (19.5L-24). Been really happy with them as I have them chewing in rocky soils and I felt the price I paid was fair for made in USA tires. The only thing that surprised me is the ones I went with were bias ply and not radials.
Some users don't like radials. Even on Ag tractors with loaders, some prefer the stiffer bias ply tires. Machine doesn't feel tippy.
Can I replace 17.5-L24 tires with 19.5-L24
You could have clearance issues. Should be a chart saying what width of rims each tire size uses. Might be able to use a narrower rim??
CASE Construction Genuine Parts | Online Store | MyCNHi US Store Get Genuine OEM Parts and Replacement Parts for Case CE. Discover special offers and seasonal sales and events. www.mycnhstore.com CASE Construction | 580 - Case Construction King Tractor (bsn 8685800) (north America) | MyCNH US Store www.mycnhstore.com
19.5L-24 call for a 16" rim and 17.5-24 call for 15" rim. They may work but the tire profile will be different which might cause issues in certain conditions. Clearance from the fenders/cab is one. I moved my tractor tires in so it would fit on my trailer easier but mud would pack up in the inner space and started wearing the tires when it dried. Another 1 1/2" clearance and no mud packing.
Did you account for the load you will be carrying/pulling(forced weight)? Also, the ply affects "ride" and stability. Go with 8 min.... 10 preferred
CASE Construction | 580C - Case Construction King Loader Backhoe | MyCNH US Store www.mycnhstore.com
What is the Case link supposed to be showing? It doesn't come up with wheel and tire sizes and what will or won't work. If there is something more specific post that.
It took me a minute to figure out you already have a thread started asking the same question. That causes confusion for anyone reading these forums. I posted a reply in it. I won't repeat it here.
It is showing EXACTLY the answer to you question (and that of thousand of other CASE owner/operators). You MAY have to expand your horizions and investigate how the page works. Parts manuals USUALLY provide the very best of schematics and, along with operators' manuals, all of the technical info requested/needed. These two manuals are absolutely necessary to support a SERVICE manual.
YOu need to spend some time working on your learning curve. CASE has spent a lot of resource in the past 12 months to improve the functionality. I converse with them frequently, nice lady in charge.... within 2 seconds this info is available. https://www.mycnhstore.com/us/en/ca...56875BD6/BED06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6 . Some with tire chains may want to pay attention to width. I I remember, three sizes available. small diameter hub for tractor models ONLY. large hubs are interchangeble. I would NEVER go less than 8 ply... 10 is better for most machine applications. TITAN is ONLY USA tire available . (though may be available from south america). check on that.
If you need ANY NEW wheels, ANY MACHINE, heywheel.com is the only solution... made to order and priced right.
I don't think you need to insult Welder Dave like that. Usually when someone posts a link to a parts manual it is the page that is pertinent to the thread topic. Your link doesn't help much. This what I would have posted to help the OP. REAR WHEELS AND TIRES, 14.9 X 24 - FIXED DISC WHEEL | CASE Construction | MyCNH US Store Find schematics, manuals, specifications and diagrams for REAR WHEELS AND TIRES, 14.9 X 24 - FIXED DISC WHEEL. Find genuine OEM parts for your needs. www.mycnhstore.com
I understand you are the guru on this site... and you have previously helped me... thanks. I DIDN"T INSULT anyone! I don't have time to wipe everyone's butt, so I show what I can in the time I have availaable... for GODS SAKE MAN! where does personal responsibility to at least click the mouse come into demand here? And by the way, YOU HAVW INSULTED ME... because before you posted your diagram, I ALREADY DID SO. now that I had a minute.. Again, my point? Everyone needs to have some personal responsibility, and should acknowledge other's time (at least at a 100 to 1 ratio to self-valuation of personal time,,, ). which was devoted to research to assist. THE POINT is that link was initially provided as the point of initial research by any coherent owner/operator. IF THE AUTHOR is like me..... he, too will have thousands of quesitons that can be helped by the site.... and that means thousands of mouse clicks,,,,, Best to NOW learn how to navigate the site
You need to spend some time on the learning curve. some of the internal windows are visible only after scrolling. within two seconds this info was available. https://www.mycnhstore.com/us/en/ca...56875BD6/BED06496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
I can't speak to the delay in my addition treaded info.... causing you to call for a community group hug...
Did you look at all of the chapters avail for that 580C web site? they'er down the left side and there are a bunch
UM, The second link in post #13 is for a 580CK. How does that help Bill95709 ?
did you look at all of my sent links. or did you stop, not even to investigate the first (more general) link ....which is where one normally starts exploring the parts book site....
YOU lost on Nov. 5. GO AWAY! For other's with a clue and who value other's time in attempting to assist, you're welcome.
I know I know I know..... the site requires some consternation and probably a bit of patience and intelligence.... and of course,.... like most things.... ONLY GUMPTION will see you through!
Where did you find the info on 16 vs. 15 rim? thanks
Nice real nice. I wish I was a know it all like you. NOT !!! Why don't you go away. How old are you, 12 ?
S.A.E. I think you need to realize that what is obvious to you may not be to others. Instead of hurling insults and being so condecending try being helpful or just ignore things. If you want to insult people you need to move over to reddit.
Wow, talk about someone getting their panties in a bunch! When I clicked on the links I didn't see a specific page on rims. I did on Tinkerers direct link to the page. Good for you for having extensive experience navigated the Case site. I've never used it as I don't own anything Case. I didn't spend a bunch of time trying to figure how to navigate the site so I looked at a couple tire manufacturers technical catalogue's where it lists the recommended rim widths for the specific size of tires. They would be best place to consult when considering changing tire size anyway. What I don't think is listed anywhere is how much clearance there would be with different size tires.
I knew where to look which you clearly didn't. Hint, it wasn't on the Case site. I'm sorry the OP had to endure all this nonsense when he had a very legitimate question.
Thread closed for Mod review.