Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 c starts hard when it sits

29tons ยท 2024-10-25 11:45

case 580 c starts hard when it sits for a week or more it has new batteries new cables 2/0 new starter. It still turns over very slow. Once it starts it starts easy all day. Even tried unhooking batteries. And hooking up when i want to use it still turns slow.

Replies8
  1. #1Honcho2024-10-25 12:54

    What batterie do you use. Perhaps it s small volume. I guess 90 ah-100. is O K . or put two batteries paralel connected.

  2. #229tons2024-10-25 12:57

    It has 2 , 6 volt batteries the same as it came with new they are the highest cca i could get I believe they are 800 cca each

  3. #3Honcho2024-10-25 15:56

    How many rounds crankshaft makes before it starts. Usually ordinary D E starts on its first turn. Commonrail needs 3 turns. And What about oil? isn t it too thick, or perhaps it is cold outside. I have never seen a tractor or backhoe with two 6 volt batteries. I guess you got to try with another batterie 12 volt 90ah

  4. #429tons2024-10-25 16:25

    This is a 1981 backhoe they came with 6 volt batteries and it has started fine for 30 years. Its not. Cold here yet. It has 10w 30 oil in it. The engine turns very slowly. Untill it starts once it starts it starts easily. There is something else wrong.

  5. #5Billrog2024-10-25 20:53

    Poor ground. My 1981 580 C had 2 twelve volt battery's.

  6. #6Tinkerer2024-10-26 09:21

    The best place to connect the battery ground cable is on one of the starting motor mounting bolts. IMHO.

  7. #7westerner2024-10-26 09:45

    How old is the starter? Could it be gunked up inside? Could it be a little loose and getting a poor ground?

  8. #8Simon C2024-10-28 18:51

    Do you own a digital volt meter. Can get you to do a few simple tests to figure out what is wrong. Your choice I will ask the the questions, if you give back the answers, it will be figured out without throwing lots of money at it. I can think of about 10 things that can be wrong, but need meter results to decide. Simon C