Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 ck

jerry D enright ยท 2020-02-29 12:18

a question about the injection pump, has anyone had the problem of the throttle stop locking up and causing it to loose it's fuel prime?

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-02-29 16:30

    NO

  2. #2jerry D enright2020-02-29 16:50

    well just wondering what would cause the stop to lock up, it moves freely by hand but as soon as the cover goes back on it tends to lockup

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-02-29 16:55

    Elect. Shut off??

  4. #4jerry D enright2020-02-29 18:32

    not electronic shut off, pull stop

  5. #5rickw2020-03-01 07:36

    I had one sticking and making a hard start or no start. thepumpguy gave me some advice. I ended up figuring out that once I pull the fuel stop out to kill the engine I would push it back in and pull throttle to wide open then back to idle position . Actuating the throttle would add tension to the spring and reset fuel stop. If I did not actuate throttle fuel stop linkage under pump cover would stick partly. I did open cover and fill it with seafoam over night to clean things up during the trouble shooting phase.

  6. #6jerry D enright2020-03-01 08:53

    rickw, I did that, not sure if the spring constantly moves back and forward to move the meter value or not...because unless I move it by hand it doesn't move at all!

  7. #7thepumpguysc2020-03-01 09:23

    On those pumps.. & I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE.. that the shut off LEVER will get bent inwards & catch on the housing/side cover,, All ya need to do is take a flat blade screw driver & pry SLIGHTLY OUT, so the lever doesnt hit the housing.. Good luck

  8. #8jerry D enright2020-03-01 10:48

    OK, thanks for your replay I'll see what I can accomplish