Hello everyone to my first thread! What i have is a 1968 Case 580 CK that does not get power to the back wheels. I'm going to copy a previous post here and then add some pictures to better explain my problem. Previous POST; HI guys newbie here. I cant post my own thread so i hope you don't mind me butting into this one. I do have a similar problem to what you are talking about. i have a 1968 Case 580 D with a shuttle problem. I initially trouble shot the hydraulic portion of the shuttle trying to find the problem. Changed fluids and filter, nothing. Referenced manual and connected pressure gauge to test ports. All three had adequate pressures for the RPM of the engine as called out in the manual. When i engage the forward or reverse the shuttle stops rotating and the engine labors. I can see the shuttle rotate because i made a cover out of plexiglass. So i switched to see if there are any mechanical problems. I didn't notice any except for the fact that when i engage the posi traction lever i can no longer spin the wheels. They lock hard and i cannot make them rotate for any reason. The shuttle does not seem to rotate either. Any ideas what might be jammed or stuck that would cause this? Or is that normal and i should be looking elsewhere?!?! PICTURES::: This is the machine im working on. This picture is for alrman, the handle on the left of the steering wheel is what i called the shuttle control or fwd and reverse. The posi traction pedal i was talking about is being blocked by that cinder block. this is a plexiglass lid i made for the shuttle. the forward and aft cluck pack move slightly when engaged but not much the outer two gears in this picture move freely when the machine is elevated but with one tire on groundor posi traction engaged they do not move at ll. I have videos of this but i think they are to large to load on the thread... im going to try again soon. Please let me know what you guys think is going on!
video's wont load ill email them if anybody needs them
Good work on the photos Richie580D. Yes you have a CK with a shuttle shift transmission. The posi traction pedal you describe is the diff lock pedal. The pictures of the gears in the gearbox show 4th & 1st gear - both engaged - is that how you found it? You should not have been able to pull the cover unless it was in neutral, it will not drive with gears in that position. The oils need changing - espeacially the shuttle!
I agree with alrman, the pic of that 4 speed gearbox shows 1st and 4th gear are engaged at the same time. If that's the way it way when you pulled the cover, machine ain't going nowhere.