Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 construction king 1971

Whitey 75 · 2024-02-26 05:01

Hi I have got a funny story, my case I have had for two years all of a sudden it was suffering from lack of power . Was only just moving enough to get up small hills , so I check a lot of things changed all the oils and hydraulic fluid. Mechanic told me that the shuttle drive was probably no good . So I spent every minute I could spare googling and talking to a lot of people checking the backhoe over to no avail. So I thought I would see if the backhoe would dig still and found out the foot pedal was stuck down taking power away from the motor lol now the pedal is loose it’s working perfectly lmao. At least I know a lot more about it now and I can get back too digging out for my new shed .

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-02-26 21:04

    Thanks for sharing that !!

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-02-27 21:43

    Sometimes the simplest thing can really screw with you. My skid steer all of a sudden had a stiff right side drive lever when I went to use it. All the linkage looked good and there's a thing like a shock absorber to make it smoother. I thought the shock absober deal might be bad. I kept looking and then saw where the linkage goes to the left side of the machine. It goes through a pivot with a grease fitting. I pumped a couple shots of grease in and all was good. I think the grease had dried up and became stiff. It's not something that needs to be greased real often is why I didn't realize it right away. What a relief it was so simple and didn't cost anything to fix. Also really glad I could use the skid steer to get a rush job done on my oval track. Really hard to operate with a stiff and sticking drive lever.

  3. #3Whitey 752024-02-28 03:02

    It certainly is mate I am glad you got your machine up and running and didn’t hit you in the wallet, I know I am glad my backhoe was a simple fix

  4. #4Vetech632024-02-28 08:10

    Don't feel bad my friend. ALL of us have these kinds of stories. lol

  5. #5Whitey 752024-02-28 15:24

    Thanks mate