Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 D Water Pump

starshiphi ยท 2013-04-20 22:47

I have water leaking out of the base of the water pump on the engine of my Case 580 D, I believe I have the Cummings. Can anyone tell me if I can remove the water pump without removing the radiator, and can the water pump be rebuilt or is its an exchange with a new unit??? The service manual is not clear on this??? Thanks for all the help I have received from other members regarding the Brakes and the Hydraulic Oil. Don Santa Cruz

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-04-21 00:24

    If you have a 580D it has a 207 engine in it, regular v belt for the pump/alt/crank. Their was some kits done to put a cdc unit in the C/D machines. Most all cdc engines have the wide serp belt for the water pump and it is close to the alt. If the pump is behind the fan center it is a 207, I remove the radiator myself when I do them. Some have new and some have rebuilt with exchange, haven't tried to rebuild one in years myself.

  2. #2starshiphi2013-04-21 10:24

    207 engine Thank you for your reply, and yes the water pump is run by a fan belt behind the fan. There is not a lot of room to work, and I suspected I would have to pull the front end off, now I know. Thank You again Don Santa Cruz