Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 E light switch

HarleyHappy · 2026-01-23 12:27

So, my front lamp, dash light switch finally went bad on my 580 SE. Have tried the usual places, realize that they don’t make them any more. Doesn’t have to be OEM just looking to replace it with something similar. Any ideas, other than just china crap. Simple push, pull with a black knob, would be nice. Already spent 30 minutes looking and nothing jumped out. Boneyard isn’t going to advertise a light switch and too be honest, not really interested in putting that much effort into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks AlanD

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2026-01-23 14:57

    Any CNH (agricultural) or Case Construction dealer has them or can get you one. Cost is about $35.00

  2. #2stinky642026-01-23 15:54

    I just used an old 2 pole toggle from a freightliner that was in my stash on my C, same animal.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-01-23 16:04

    I did check CNH and Messicks with the part number and it says discontinued. Thanks, don’t get to the dealer much but will call ahead of time. I don’t necessarily need OEM just wanted something close as the machine is pretty tight.

  4. #4MG842026-01-24 11:24

    I don't 'think' they are discontinued but part number may have been superseded, I just recently bought a couple of those from the Case dealer. While I do buy a good bit of IH and Kubota stuff from Messicks, they are not always the best on the Case construction side. Yes, in theory if you have a P/N they can get it, but their systems don't always update part numbers or what they supersede to.