Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 K has no power to nutral switch and shuttl will not disengage from forward

DaveA ยท 2020-11-16 06:46

I have a case 580 K that has no power to nutral switch and apears to still be in foward when the revers clutch engages. It will move backward but it struggles and drang motor down

Replies11
  1. #1Vetech632020-11-16 07:28

    This is a neutral start switch. It only carries pass through power from the starter signal.

  2. #2DaveA2020-11-16 10:29

    What switch tells the clutch solenoid to disengages so I can switch gears. I also have s problem with forward clutch not disengaging when going in reverse. Causing the tractor to use a lot of power in reverse. Are the pressure ports I can check

  3. #3Vetech632020-11-16 11:29

    I believe you are thinking of the declutch switch. Those are on the boom/bucket handle in the top (a push button) and there should be one left of the brake pedal in the floor. You can unplug them I believe if you want to make sure that isnt the problem. All the declutch switch does is dump clutch pressure which doesnt sound like the issue you are having.

  4. #4mitch5042020-11-16 12:02

    Always the first question with a 580k: Does your 4-speed shifter come up through the floor, or is it mounted to the right fender?

  5. #5DaveA2020-11-16 14:42

    Through the floor.

  6. #6DaveA2020-11-16 14:47

    I agree , dont think this is the problem with reverse. I'm new to the 580 and am trying to figer out the reverse problem. I bought it as s project. To replace my allis loader backhoe.

  7. #7DaveA2020-11-16 14:49

    Are there places on the shuttle I can take pressure checks. And what presure should I look for

  8. #8alrman2020-11-16 14:52

    You will likely find that the machine will try to drive forward while the FNR lever is in neutral. OR you will be unable to change the 4 speed with engine running. This would indicate that the belville washer in the forward clutch pack of the power shuttle has broken into pieces which interlock with each other & jam/lock up the pack. You need to remove the power shuttle & rebuild it.

  9. #9DaveA2020-11-27 15:28

    thanks for the help. bought a rebuid kit will pull the shuttle apart

  10. #10Frank J2023-08-06 21:30

    I have a 580K that won't start. power at starter but not at the neutral start switch. any ideas what could be wrong?

  11. #11alrman2023-08-07 23:27

    If there is power at the small activator wire on the starter, when the ignition key is in start position - the problem lies within the starter motor solenoid. ......As long as you have good battery positive & ground connections (battery & chassis)