Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 M- Anyone have the electrical diagrams?

troyharnish ยท 2011-12-15 12:05

I have a Case 580 M series 1 (2002) that I am trying to fix the driving lights on. I have tried, without success, to find an electronic copy of the service manual... Have already changed out the stalk switch on the steering column, with no success, power relay seems fine, as does the fuses. I think I need to start checking along the wire for where the voltage stops, but I need the schematic for that. Can anyone help?

Replies8
  1. #1alrman2011-12-15 18:44

    Troy, I only have the real manual & the schematics are on a massive chart - a little difficult to scan....... Here's some pics, hope they help - not much info there really wire 41 is grey 40D earths at the main earth at the battery strap You may need to run new wire from switch to lights? :drinkup

  2. #2troyharnish2011-12-15 19:03

    Thanks, Airman, that is actually a big help. Just knowing I am looking for a grey wire is a help. I am not familiar with the symbol below 67, can anyone identify it? It *looks* to me (and I am probably wrong) that the signal for turning the driving lights on comes from the switch (71), to a relay (67) then to the driving lights via the grey wire?

  3. #3alrman2011-12-15 19:13

    There are 2 pics troy, 1st one is the legend - guide to numbers. 67 - lamps 66 - stalk switch you replaced 71 - brake light switch

  4. #4troyharnish2011-12-15 19:24

    NOW it makes sense! I was reading it backwards, and thought the stalk switch was the lights. It looks like from the switch to the lights, it is only the wire, no other devices... Am I reading that right?

  5. #5alrman2011-12-15 19:25

    correct! - does not even show a plug. Do your tail lamps work when you turn on the driving lights?

  6. #6troyharnish2011-12-15 19:27

    That is awesome, thanks so much. I now have a sense that I know what I need to trace back.

  7. #7troyharnish2011-12-19 15:57

    Yes, my tail lights/ marker lights work, as do my brake lights when I press the pedal. I am guessing that would mean that everything up to and including the switch is working correctly? I found a wire marked 41 behind the driving light that has been cut on the left side, something else was wired up, right side seems stock. I will try to post some pics.

  8. #8alrman2011-12-19 23:10

    If 41 is cut - probably the reason lights not working as it is the power wire.