I was looking through past threads and noticed that there seem to be a lot threads about repairing Case 580s. Why is that do you think? As far as I know, the 580 has a good rep - at least they do here locally. But do they need more maintenance than others? Or it could be that Case owners tend to do their own repair work? Or maybe it is just that this Heavy Eq. Forum is a common meeting place for Case 580 guys. Anyway, I was looking for info on my JD 310SG and noticed a little info, not much on 310s....but there sure seemed to be a lot of threads for all kinds of repairs on Case 580s & that got me to wondering why. rScotty
Mostly because of the number of of the various 580s that were made and are still in use. Many thousands of them.
I would venture to say that Case outsells other brands. When I was searching for a machine Case models were much more comon. I am not locked into any brand. I was buying my first machine to do work on some land I bought. Just seemed like there were 3 to 1 Case to other brands.