Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help identifying something

Steve111 ยท 2019-08-18 19:13

Hey guys. I have a case 580k phase 1. This is under the hood. I assume it's a cold start assist because it says starter fluid. Also a on off toggle wired into the dash. Has anyone ever seen this or know where I can get a replacement if empty?

Replies7
  1. #1Steve1112019-08-18 19:17

    From what I can tell it looks like a quickstart ether system.

  2. #2Billrog2019-08-18 20:32

    There's one on my machine but I've never used it .

  3. #3woodfirst2019-08-18 21:49

    Have the same on a case dozer. It its the same the black canister unscrews and inside is a standard starting fluid can which you can get at any auto store, Walmart etc.

  4. #4Bumpsteer2019-08-18 23:07

    Never seen one of those that worked after the warranty ran out......better off installing a block heater. Ed

  5. #5Steve1112019-08-18 23:35

    Has a block heater on it as well. I accidently hit the switch on day while using the machine and I heard it surge for a few seconds so I assume there is still some left in there. I guess we will find out this winter if it gets it started.

  6. #6Shimmy12019-08-18 23:47

    Unless it's well below zero, that little B-series will light up without it. I would forget it's there.

  7. #7kshansen2019-08-19 07:47

    If the machine is parked/stored where there is access to electricity I would use the block heater in cold weather. Two big advantages I my opinion. First it is easier on the engine starting it already somewhat warmed up. Second it's easier on the operator as you will have heat in cab much faster! Just remember to exercise the hydraulics and go easy on the transmission when starting in real cold temps until they have a chance to warm up the fluids.