Not to start a huge debate, just curious how you guys like a D or E series Cat 420 Vs a M or N Series Case 580? I'm familiar with the Cases, don't know too much about the Cats. I'm looking to add a machine, something clean with most likely 3-4K hours, loaded with cab, 4wd, ext. hoe, and pilots. I have a M Series now. I've been happy with it, just looking to add another machine. Thought I would look at Cat for another option.
I think that these two machines are the closest makes of backhoes as far as same speed of hydraulics &power . If someone is familar with one, then the other will be closly in sync for your smooth , fast operation. Also in my opinion these are very close as 1st & 2nd in backhoes & the other brands ( which i have spent countless jobs on ), are a distant 3rd, 4th, etc. you are looking in the best field.