Looking for some help on my Case 580 SE wiring. I’ve got a wire coming under the hydraulic filter that was taped off. Pic 1 I’ve got a sending unit on top of the shuttle and 2 wires that look like they may go with that. Pics 2 and 3 I’m missing the air filter switch but found the wires for that. Also looks like neutral start is disconnected. Had the alternator rebuilt and hour meter works but tach does not. Volt and water temp work but not oil temp. Fuel gauge reads full most of the time. Also have a wire coming out under the fuel filters that I’m not sure about in last pic. Thanks
On pic 1; there should be a sending unit on the filter head to let you know when the filter is clogged. Make sure there is a wire attached to it. On pic 2&3 connect those wires to the neutral start switch. On the fourth pic I can't remember what that wire went to. Some connectors weren't used when they changed from the 580D's to E's they were the same frame just different engine. The alt. should have a wire connected to the "W" post on the alt. for the tach to work unless there is a tach drive on the lfet side front of engine depends on the serial number of your machine.
Thanks for the reply. The hydraulic filter does have a wire going to it. The wire in the pic is a pretty heavy gauge. Looks like the neutral start switch on the side of the shuttle has different terminals. What is the sending unit on the top of the shuttle for? I saw another switch with a single wire further down on the right side as well. That wire at the filters could be for the cold start I guess. The tach is electric with 3 wires on the back, no cable drive.
I would ohm the wire and see which wire it is. You are probably correct about where it goes. The neutral start switch is probably bad so you will have to replace it.