Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 310D brake issue

Dave Nance · 2022-02-12 12:13

On my John Deere 310D I can set the parking brake and the light comes on and it engages the clutch cutout, but does not apply the brakes. Any ideas on why it does not apply the bakes? Thanks Dave

Replies17
  1. #1T-town2022-02-12 13:19

    Welcome aboard Dave...... ..one thing the JD gurus might ask for right off the top would be serial#... so you might want to have that handy. good luck with your issue

  2. #2Dave Nance2022-02-12 13:34

    serial # TO310DG801690

  3. #3Dave Neubert2022-02-12 20:55

    Can you see the brake actuator moving have to pull up floor board

  4. #4Dave Nance2022-02-13 16:44

    no, I haven't pulled it yet, but I will as soon as the weather gets a little warmer. Thanks

  5. #5br14742022-02-27 18:59

    You will have to pull the plug back left corner top side with 1/2” ratchet. Chock the wheels or put stabs down. Release the park brake either running or caged. Adjust the park brake band tighting with very large flat screwdriver. And back it off one turn. If it will not tighten up or you find it broken the the trans axle will have to get dropped out. I have changed the band with axle in frame on open rops unit but cabs are not possible.

  6. #6Dave Nance2022-03-02 14:06

    I pulled the seat up and all I see if the Air conditioning and the heating elements. Does this stuff need to be removed? Can I look from under neat ? thanks Dave

  7. #7Dave Nance2022-03-02 14:21

    I pulled the plate in front of the seat and I can see the gear shift and hoses, but still don't see the brake.

  8. #8Dave Neubert2022-03-02 14:48

    You have to pull up the plate at the very back of machine

  9. #9Dave Nance2022-03-02 14:55

    No, but I was moving that way next. Thanks

  10. #10Dave Nance2022-03-03 16:38

    Pulled the very back plate and it's too far back. I think what I need to see is under the seat and all of the heat and AC equipment. I may pull all of that out too.

  11. #11Dave Neubert2022-03-03 16:41

    Yes I think it is under the seat the last one I did was a open ROPS

  12. #12Dave Nance2022-03-03 16:52

    well I got this one used and the heater and AC does not work, so I think I'll just remove that stuff. Save on anti freeze to. Thanks, I'll set off on that task tomorrow .

  13. #13br14742022-03-03 18:32

    There should only be one plug in the top deck of the transmission. 1/2” drive ratchet it’s about a 1” or so pipe plug.

  14. #14Dave Nance2022-03-04 15:34

    Well I found the park brake hydraulic action and it does move the arm the goes into the trans-axle. Only way I have been able to see this unit is craw under it, or look at it from the very back of the machine. How do I get to the adjustment? Is the 1/2 plug on the top of the trans-axle? Thanks

  15. #15br14742022-03-04 20:49

    so i looked it up on the deere parts website. the part number is 15h562 for the pipe plug. yes it is on top rear of transaxle case. I do not remember if I used a mirror or just the right angle to view the adjustment bolt. Picture a 1/2 size bolt w/o flats and just a flat cut in it for large flat screw driver. T21579 is the actual part number of the adjusting bolt. Deere actually calls it a set screw in the breakdown. it is far from a set screw though. the breakdown may help you see what your actually trying to do here.

  16. #16Dave Nance2022-03-05 07:46

    Thanks, I'll pull the rear panel off again and see if I can get to it that way. This helps me a lot into what I'm trying to do.

  17. #17Dave Nance2022-03-21 11:13

    br1474, THANKS! I found it where you said it was located. On this 310D you need a 3 inch screw driver, anything longer will not fit, anything shorter will not reach it. Thanks again!