Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 SL Swing cylinder trunnion mount (sp ?)

Vinco1 · 2026-02-02 20:26

Hello everyone, I have a 580 SL and while repacking the swing cylinders I noticed that I could move the both cylinders vertically with the rod ends disconnected. When I removed them from the machine upon inspecting the trunnions (I'm not sure of my spelling) They were oblong or worn front and back. The part I'm referring to are on both top and bottom of each of both cylinders. (Cylinder Trunnion Mounts)​ Has anyone ran into this before and suggestions how to repair. Even with a new set of bushings they will still be sloppy. Thanks going forward

Replies3
  1. #1Kyle Helmke2026-02-02 20:31

    the holes would have to be line bored to put them back to factory size for the bushing. the second option would be to bore the hole over sized and have a new bushing machined to make up the new hole diameter.

  2. #2Vinco12026-02-02 21:19

    I'm not sure I explained correctly, let me try again. The trunnions themselves are what are oblong. the part of the cylinder itself , top and bottom mounts. the bushings are pressed on the to these.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-02-03 10:44

    That would involve stripping the cylinders and cutting off the trunnion base and welding a new one. Another option would be to weld hem up and putting them in a CNC mill and recutting the trunnion, not very hard to do.