Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 Super E Banjo Bolt

rockbust · 2022-06-27 19:43

Hi I started the backhoe today and one of the 4 Banjo bolts started sputtering fuel so i tried to tighten it but kept leaking. Then I used my super strength and sheered the bolt off. Fuel in the face and eyes. Does anyone have a part number for this thing and know where I can locate one quick? Also and tips putting it back together so it does not leak. Sand? new washers? Thank you

Replies11
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-06-27 19:50

    I have some, I’ll have to look up the cost w/2 washers.. If u find 1 before u see this, it torques to 25ftlbs..

  2. #2rockbust2022-06-27 20:02

    probably need 2 more washers since I pulled another one to get a picture.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-06-28 21:37

    Sent 6.. lol

  4. #4rockbust2022-06-28 22:48

    Thanks for sending the parts out. I really appreciate it...

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-06-29 11:48

    Any time brother.. my pleasure.. Now u know who to call when you have a “REAL” problem..

  6. #6tbird642023-05-17 00:04

    Hi thepumpguysc, I did the same thing, sheared off a banjo bolt on the injector pump on Case 580k backhoe. Do you more of the bolts & washers available? Thanks!

  7. #7thepumpguysc2023-05-17 05:16

    Sure do.. send me your address.. BTW, for anyone else reading this.. the banjo bolt gets torqued to 25 ftlbs.!!!

  8. #8Delmer2023-05-17 09:49

    What kind of washer do they have? If they're copper, then they work harden, to reuse them you want to anneal them first, which just means heating red hot with a small propane torch, copper doesn't harden with cooling, so you can drop them in water or let cool in air and they'll stay soft until they get deformed.

  9. #9tbird642023-05-17 10:26

    I think they are copper - it looks like they were missing on the bolt/line I took off (or I lost them lol).

  10. #10thepumpguysc2023-05-17 12:18

    Parts r on the way to Hard-d!ck, ND Contact me for shipping cost Eta is Friday Your welcome

  11. #11tbird642023-05-17 13:27

    Thank you! I appreciate your help. Hard-d!ck, ND - love it - lol!