Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 super e need cylinder diagram

davetile ยท 2014-09-20 06:34

I have I believe a 1989 case 580 super e. Boom model number is 35c. I am rebuilding the dipper cylinder. I need a diagram of how the seals and other parts go on it because when I took it apart, some of the seals and o rings were completely destroyed. The rebuild kit I got seems to have some extra parts in it. There is a whitish flat ring that I'm not sure if I need.

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2014-09-20 17:10

    That is a backup ring or a buffer seal

  2. #2sheepfoot2014-09-20 17:25

    You can do the on-line, casece.com and go to parts, type in 580se and go to the hyd section, should show the breakdown.

  3. #3davetile2014-09-20 18:05

    Do I have to install it because I can seem to get it to fit anywhere.

  4. #4Tinkerer2014-09-20 20:23

    If you don't see it in this drawing, then no, you don't use it. It is not unusual to not use all the parts in a seal kit.