Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 super E, neutral solenoid, how do you remove it

Spiderwebb ยท 2013-01-18 22:51

G'day all I've got a case 580 super E that has one of the wires to the neutral solenoid ( on the side of the power shuttle ) has broken off flush with the solenoid ( no room to get in there and Join another wire on ) And there is no room to get in there o solder a join on either. So it looks I've I have to remove e solenoid and fix it on the bench The question is how do I get it out ? It seems to have a hexagonal section on it that I could get a large socket or special tool onto and screw it off, but I am not sure, it seems to have some movement in it in conjunction with the manual linkage. Does anyone know whether this does just screw off?

Replies3
  1. #1lildigger2013-01-18 23:27

    You can use a hammer & punch or a large pipe wrench on it. It is a right hand thread to tighten. I too have had the same issue. Once on the bench, put it in a vice. It's quite a chore to remove the cover but it will save you hundreds of dollars by repairing the wiring inside. Solder & put heat shrink on wires if possible. Good luck.

  2. #2RHINOS TRANNYS2013-01-19 08:22

    I always use a large pare of channel lock pliars. Takes all of 30 secound to remove. :usa

  3. #3Spiderwebb2013-01-20 15:41

    Thanks guys Solenoid has been removed, disassembled, re- soldered , and re fitted n about an hour. All fixed. Thanks for the advice