Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 super l

Tim Leblanc ยท 2015-10-06 18:01

The machine will start but won't run , meaning I turn the key it starts , but when I let go and it springs back to run position it shuts off ! I have replaced the ignition switch and traced continuity from it to the starter ! Frustrated !!!!! If someone can help me I would appreciate it

Replies3
  1. #1nowing752015-10-06 18:49

    I don't have a wire schematic for that tractor but it sounds like you're losing power to the pump must have a separate source in the run position that is not. getting energized.

  2. #2brucelee2015-10-06 19:07

    580sl You might try lifting your hood and on the fuel injector side of the motor is a double wire running to the injector pump. Check the plug in the middle of those two wires to see if it's tight, oily, corroded, etc.. Some guys use that bayonet connector as their anti-theft device. If you disconnect it the motor won't run but I can't remember if it starts though. Try it.

  3. #3GaryHoff2015-10-07 00:10

    Sounds like your hold in winding has failed on your fuel shut off solenoid. Tie your fuel shut off solenoid back with a piece of hay wire and try it. (#30)