Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 super l

10pointsam ยท 2023-07-28 18:48

Hey guys, looking for some help, Have a 580 super l 4x4 and it is Falling in and out of gear, like pops into neutral while trying to drive or move the machine. I don't know much about the transmissions on these so my question is could it be the rear diff? The trans is full according to the dipstick and I am scratching and searching around to solve my mystery and any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sam. I am busy but I will try to watch for replies

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-07-30 19:01

    It sounds like you either have a synchronizer issue or a detent in shifter.

  2. #210pointsam2023-07-31 09:16

    Thanks Coy, I am trying to learn a bit about it. It's still got me lost but I will look at it again when I get some time. It's all new to me so it takes a little while but I'll chip at . Thank you