Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super L Auxiliary Hydraulics – Backhoe

lmel1 ยท 2013-01-26 15:31

Gentlemen, Several months ago I purchased a 1996 Case 580 Super L Backhoe (Standard Stick / Standard Bucket) for use on my ranch. This machine does not have Auxiliary Hydraulics (3 stick controls) for operating a hydraulic thumb, post hole digger, etc. I would really like to have additional hydraulics to operate toys on the hoe end as I am getting fat and old! What is the recommended route to add additional hydraulics? Can the valve body be split and an additional section added with linkages, lever, hoses, and connections to the valve body? Are there auxiliary valves that can tap into the high pressure line from the pump give you a solenoid controlled auxiliary line? Your recommendations would greatly appreciated! Lee

Replies5
  1. #1JS580SL2013-01-28 18:30

    Maybe start with your dealer price out a kit and the labor to install. It can be pricey though.

  2. #2Dickjr.2013-01-28 18:40

    I priced a 3rd valve kit and it was 12k installed by a dealer , parts and labor but may have had an extra cost of welding brackets etc. I didn't do it. I'd like to buy a hoe in the future with the aux hydrualics for a hammer. Most likely a Komatsu or JCB.

  3. #3melben2013-01-29 19:32

    You could add a section to the valve, to be exact, an extendahoe section and linkage would be ideal as it is on the end of the valve, you would of course need longer tie bolts. Bracketing should have the extra holes to accomodate the longer valve. Ex hoe sections do not have secondaries IIRC. Mel

  4. #4oldtom2013-01-31 23:31

    try machine wrecker must be some in you area to pick up should be able to pick valve & mountings

  5. #5ummagumma2019-07-17 20:53

    What did you ever do?