I have a Case 580 Super L. I just got it back from a relative and had to rebuild the boom cylinder. When I try to move the boom or the dipper, neither will move independently. I have to use both of the mentioned sticks before they will move. If I want the dipper to move, I have to feather the boom cylinder, and feather the dipper for the boom. I'm stumped. Also, the engine pulls down almost to the point of stopping when I try to use one independently. All other hydraulics work fine. This issue was going on when I got the unit back and before rebuilding the boom cylinder. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to HEF @BarC It sounds like you have a couple of hydraulic hoses crossed up. Was any hose work carried out while the machine was on loan? To confirm, you will have to trace the hoses for both the dipper & boom from the cylinders back to the control valve & be sure the hoses from each cylinder are plumbed to the same valve section.
Didn't even think of that. I will look when I get to the shop tonight. I havent asked him if he tried to do any repairs, simply because I seriously doubt he could pull it off, even as easy as it is, lol. Someone definitely did something though, or at least tried too. When pulled the end of the cylinder off, the flat ring was pinched outside the o-ring like they tried to put it back together dry. And teeth marks like a pipe wrench were on the cap as well. Thanks for the hint, I will take a look.
Hi everybody I’m new to this forum so not sure where to post. I bought a 1998 case 580 super L series 2 with 4300 hrs. The machine runs great UNTIL it’s warmed up then the rear controls get really erratic.When loading trucks If I’m swinging and go to dump the swing speeds up. (That’s the best way I can explain it) also the brakes screech terribly when the machine has warmed up. It’s almost like a fluid issue getting to thin when hot. I dropped fluid and changed filter, refilled with case Hytran still same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.