I have a bent rod on my Case 580 Super L (Series 1) Backhoe Swing Cylinder. The original cylinder is part number 139808A1 which seems to indicate the machine has the priority swing option from what I found on several websites. I ordered a used cylinder from a used equipment dealer - was supposed to be the same part number but when I got the cylinder it is a 139808A2. That part number seem to be originally for a non-priority swing machine. On the case website it now lists the 139808A2 cylinder for both priority swing and non-prioirty swing machines. On the parts lisitng for priority swing it says the A2 replaces the A1. The only difference in the detailed parts breakdown listing for the priority and non-priority swing is the folowing: Non-Priority Swing - BARREL, Assy (Tube) - Cylinder, 139808A2 cylinder, Incl 139810A2 tube - cylinder, 139808A2 cylinder, Models with non-priority swing, Incl 139810A2 tube, 124462A1 end cap assy (Ref 22-24), (1) 276-2446 screw (Ref 11) and Ref 3, if used, Not available as a 199953A2 Prioirty Swing - TUBE ASSEMBLY - cylinder, 139808A1 cylinder, replaces 139810A1 tube, models w/priority swing, includes 139810A1 tube, 124462A1 end cap assy (Ref. 22-24) & (1) 276-2446 screw (Ref. 11), if used, not available as an assy, order components, Includes: Ref. 3 199953A1 Replaced: 139810A1 I would appreciate if anyone can explain how the priority and non-priority awing works on a Case 580SL series 1 and if there is a difference between the 139808A1 and A2 cylinders. Will I have any problems with the machine operation if I put the A2 cylinder on my backhoe. thanks Gary
The A2 is a direct replacement for the A1. The cylinders for priority swing and non are the same. The difference is all in the backhoe control valve, loader valve and the plumbing.